Since the 1870s are an interesting time period, it would be no surprise that the man simply passed away of natural causes, far from home.
- Born on Oct 2nd, 1824.
- Studied at University of Göttingen in 1846.
- First Assistant at Vienna Observatory 1849-1859, before moving to The Paris Observatory.
- The Oeltzen's catalogue of Argelander's Southern Zones. 1857-58.
- The Oeltzen's catalogue of Argelander's Northern Zones. 1851-52.
- Schwerd's Beobachtungen von Circumpolarsternen in mittleren Positionen published in 1856, with Friedrich Magnus Schwerd.
- Disappeared in 1875.